Ban Sao Nak translates to “House of many pillars”. Built in 1895 as a mansion for a wealthy Burmese family, Ban Sao Nak has been turned into a privately owned museum. Ban Sao Nak comprises of a Lanna and Burmese style main building and several smaller structures, standing on 116 large teak pillars. The museum has the feel of a late 19th century private residence with the original Thai and Burmese furniture and antiques still in place. Ban Sao Nak is found on Rat Watthana road in the old part of town North of the Wang river. The museum opens daily from 10 am until 5 pm, admission is 50 Thai Baht per person.