This ancient temple was built during the 14th century, but was reduced to ruins in 1767 when the Burmese army invaded Ayutthaya, the capital of Siam. The temple was destroyed by the Burmese who also vandalised many of the Buddha images in Ayutthaya by lopping off the heads.
The most famous part of this temple is a stone buddha head that has had a tree grow all around it, encompassing it with its roots. The temple site has several other broken ruined buddha statues around, and many chedis of course.