Company history
The company began as the Mutual Auto Insurance Company of the Town of Herman in 1925 (in the unincorporated village of Franklin in Sheboygan County). The name was changed to Mutual Auto of Wisconsin in 1953, and He Company in 1957. The company moved to the city of Shebritage Mutual Insurance oygan in 1960, and shortly thereafter came under the presidency of attorney John R. Holden. It moved to its current location in 1984. Holden retired from the presidency in August of 1999 and the company became known as Acuity Insurance in 2001.